Noel Fitzpatrick's book, Becoming The Supervet book review

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Recently, I finished reading Professor Noel Fitzpatrick's book, Becoming The Supervet. Honestly, without a doubt, one of the most amazing books I think I've ever read in my life. That is a statement I don't say that often but in this case, it is generally true. When you look at who Noel's become now, without looking at the last fifty years of his life, you'd think that he's a very privileged person who's rich and has got a lot of practices across southern England. However, looking at his past, you'd actually realise that he's a person who's generally been through a lot. Without having read his book, I would have never realised that he was bullied for the whole of his 5 years in secondary school. He talks about being beaten up during school and also having his bike broken by his bullies on his way home from school. Without having read his book, I would have never realised that he actually struggled with academic subjects at school. He reckons this was one of the reasons why he got bullied at school because he thought his bullies were smarter than him. Without having read his book, I would have never realised that he stayed up until 11pm every night revising and looking after the animals on his dad's farm. I would have never realised that he got a scholarship at a vet school in Philadelphia in America. I would have never realised that he went to acting school and starred in many programmes such as Casualty. Before having read this book, I would have continued to think that Noel had it all from the very beginning. However, after having read this book, I realised that he is a human being and that despite the odds, he's made a name for himself and has become a world renowned bionic vet and he did it all on his own. That to me, is awe-inspiring.



Have you heard of the Supervet? Do you want to read his book? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My main blog:
Keeping Up With Juliette

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell