Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Michelle made it to her favourite high school, Whitney Young; after excelling in her academic education, she decided to try and make it to Princeton. She went to her first appointment with the school counsellor to have a talk about college life, as she was in her senior year. She recalls nothing much of the experience as all that she can remember the woman saying to her is that "you're was not Princeton material." It damaged Michelle's self-esteem quite a bit but she bounced back from the experience; she was determined to prove her wrong. It took a lot of studying and hard work to get there as she always got her high grades through hard work. However, Michelle was obviously pleased when she got the letter through the post to let her know that she made it into Princeton. This was a big achievement for her because not only had she proved the counsellor wrong, but she also achieved something that her parents could not and that was getting into college. It just goes to show where you can go if you truly believe in what you do. I'm going through the GCSE period now, as I'm sure you already know from my main blog, Keeping Up With Juliette. I talk about stress and anxiety a lot and how to keep calm in exams but actually, how you view yourself in the exam situation, can sometimes depict the whole entire outcome. You need to really believe in yourself and your capabilities, which is something I learnt, during my November mocks. In the end, Michelle didn't even tell the college counsellor that she made it in, because she didn't need to. She just need to prove to herself that she could do it and she did. That is a very important life lesson to know.



Have you got any tips for success? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future. 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and be sure to share this with a friend who might enjoy this article too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel 

My main blog:
Keeping Up With Juliette 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell