Becoming Michelle Obama

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Recently I've been reading Becoming Michelle Obama by Michelle Obama herself. I wasn't really sure what to expect with this book but my mum read it before me and she said it was really good and she was the one who actually recommended it to me. I've also seen this book mentioned on the Zoella Book Club and I gathered that it was clearly a popular book amongst many. To be honest, I cannot disagree. So far, it has been a really interesting book to read, and I think that Michelle is a real inspiration. She does talk a lot about the black rights at the the time she was born, during the 50s and 60s but it's authentic to her era and some of the things she described were raw and true. She talked about the segregation between the south side of Chicago and the north, where a significant number of white people lived. She also talked about how her friends regarded her, as a young girl. She was taught at a very young age, by her parents, to speak properly, which caused a lot of confusion among her peers who believed that she spoke like a white girl. Even to this day, some people are amazed by her and Barack's clearly spoken language. These small things that she talks about, not only allowed me to get a real feel for what it was like living as a black girl but also how she was willing to be friends with whoever she wanted to be friends with in her neighbourhood which suggests that we shouldn't be focusing on colour, we should be focusing on personality and how we treat each other. This somewhat child-like innocence that she had at the time, is something I wish we can put forward through our teenage years, right through to adulthood. 



Have you read this book before? Do you know much about Michelle Obama? Let me know in the comments below and i'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Click on one of the reaction buttons below, to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me out a lot!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My main blog:
Keeping Up With Juliette 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell