Being outraged is a luxury - If This Is A Woman

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today I wanted to talk about something that I heard on TV that actually has got a lot to do with the book that I'm currently reading. I was watching Doctor Who and it was the specific scene, where Bill, the Doctor's companion, starts stamping her foot because the Doctor doesn't try to save the poor boy who's just been killed by a bunch of aliens. Understandably so, she's upset that the Doctor doesn't try to save the boy and it shocks her because she's never seen a person die before. She also begins to question how many people have died because of the Doctor. The Doctor then replies saying that he's lost count and this outrages Bill. Anyways, long story short, the Doctor says something that I thought was quite philosophical. He said that he is over 2000 years old and that he doesn't have the time to be outraged. This really made me think because in modern day society, there are so many people who are outraged by numerous things such as climate change and Brexit. It's almost like people are letting the anger cloud the bigger picture which is that we live in a very privileged part of the world and in a very privileged decade in time. Whilst reading If This Is A Woman, I noticed one common factor that occured in many of the chapters in the book and that simply was that no one was outraged. It makes total sense because do you really believe that people in a concentration camp have the time to be angered by everything. No they do not. Nowadays, we see problems as such horrific things that we start to get angry by them but we forget that the fact that we're even allowed to be openly annoyed about things, is a privilege itself. We take simple luxuries for granted and that just slows us down even more when dealing with issues such as climate change and Brexit. The simple fact of the matter is, we can't waste time stamping our foot at everything, we've got to do the best we can to try and come up with a solution ourselves.





What do you appreciate in life? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 
Watch my new video I made about the day out I had with my mum, here!

My main blog:
Keeping Up With Juliette 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell