What is my favourite book genre and why? Ranting Tuesdays

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Before, I absolutely used to be a fan of fictional books. I really enjoyed the Jacqueline Wilson books as a child, especially Starring Tracy Beaker. I also really enjoyed The Famous Five by Enid Blyton growing up. I really enjoyed the suspense especially the one about where they are trapped in a room with smugglers. For a long time, fiction has always seemed to be my favourite book genre. However, when I started reading things like Anne Frank's diary or Helga's diary, both excellent true accounts from the Second World War, I got drawn to the world of non-fiction. I especially enjoyed reading about Arthur by Mikael Lindnord. I liked reading about how the helpless dog followed Mikael's Swedish adventure racing team all across the jungle to find a home. I also liked reading about Felix the railway cat and how he became a signified member of the station. I am currently reading James Herriot's book All Things Bright and Beautiful, the second to his list of memoirs on being a Yorkshire country vet. As well as this, I am currently reading about the famous bionic Supervet, Noel Fitzpatrick and his journey to fitting people's furry friends with highly crafted false limbs. Although I like the climax and the downturn of fiction, I love learning about how real people, despite the odds, achieved what they achieved. I think I've grown to appreciate the beauty of non-fiction more than what I had before.

What do you guys think? Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My main blog:
Keeping Up With Juliette

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell