Did James Herriot's book All Things Bright and Beautiful live up to my assumptions?

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

A couple weeks ago, I did an assumptions post on James Herriot's second book. One of the things that I assumed would happen was that James would join the war. In fact he does. Only when I finished reading the first book did I realise that it said on the first page 'with the exception of his wartime service in the RAF.' This suggests that he had served in the war. However, in chapter 2 of the second book, he clearly states that he won't be talking about his time during the war since it's not a wartime story. I can understand why he didn't decide to write about it since that would take away from the other important aspects of his life such as helping the farm animals. I also assumed that James and Helen would be married and I was correct. In the last few chapters of the first book, they get married within a month! In the second book, they seem to be living happily despite James's late night shifts at 2 in the morning! I also assumed that there would be more treatments for the animals. I haven't read enough of the second book to answer in properly but there seems to be better methods of dealing with some of the past problems.

Have you read James Herriot's first book? Do you know a lot about James Herriot? Let me know in the comments below and i'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX,Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My main blog:
Keeping Up With Juliette

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell