Why do I pick up a book?- Ranting Tuesdays

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Why do I pick up a book? Most of the time, I get attracted to a book by its beautiful cover. They always say, don't judge a book by its cover but when an author spends extra time on what the book looks like on the outside, it always makes you want to read what's on the inside. This is why I like Jacqueline Wilson books because Nick Sharratt spends a lot of time talking to the author about the book so he can really understand the characters and the storyline and so consequently, his illustrations turn out amazing.

Although the majority of the time I pick out a book by its cover, when no book cover seems to be screaming out to me, I also like to just cover my eyes and pick a book randomly off the shelf. I've done this a few times now and although the book cover didn't always look nice, I often found that the storyline was really good. Sometimes a little spontaneity whilst choosing a book is a good thing to also do!

What do you think? What really makes you want to pick a book and read it? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My main blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell