Readalong- how I'm getting on with reading James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Hi again! I feel like I haven't posted on this blog in literally the longest time. But I'm back. I have big plans to post more here in the new year so stay tuned for that.

Anyway, as some of you may remember, I'm currently reading James Herriot's book All Creatures Great and small. A few years ago, I had knack at reading this book but found that the language was too difficult for me to understand so I left it and here I am now. It's actually a really funny collection of his memories. I'm currently on chapter 28 and with 45 chapters to go, I can already tell that it's going to be a good book.

The funniest parts of the story are when James has to tend to animal owned by an old or stuck up farmer because they just immediately think that he lacks experience and he can't do the job. In one of the recent chapters I read, James had to tend to a cow who was breathing heavily and acting abnormally. The farmer was adamant that it was something more complex but he soon realised after James told him, that the cow had heatstroke and just needed hosing down. The farmer was shocked by how the simple methods used actually worked tremendously. Maybe he doesn't lack experience after all!

Anyway, would love to talk more about this book but I've still got 45 more chapters to read and if I continue, I may have nothing to talk about for my future book review on this. Lol. 



See you next time, 

Bye, 

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My main blog:
Keeping up with Juliette

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell