Readalong- How i'm getting on with reading La Perle by John Steinbeck

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

A couple years ago, I tried tackling a book by the name of La Perle by John Steinbeck. Since I'm French, I like to read a French book every once in a while so that I can keep up on my French reading as well as my English reading. It was going really well until I guess I kind of lost interest and I got lost into what the story was actually about. Well, a couple years later, I'm giving it another go and I think I'm doing a lot better. The great thing about this version of the book is that one page is French and the other is English so if I get stuck on a word or phrase, I can just look on the other page. I think I'm doing better in reading this book also since I'm already on page 45 and I understand the story clearly. About Kino, his wife, and his baby and about how Coyotito got bitten by a scorpion and about how the doctor was weary about helping the family since they were indigenous and of racial inferiority. The story is fascinating and I can't wait to read more.



Have you ever read this book? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My main blog:
Keeping up with Juliette

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Proving people wrong - Becoming Michelle Obama

We mustn't work hard to make others happy - Becoming Michelle Obama

First impressions of Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell